Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PROCRASTINATION To The Nth Degree

Seven weeks and two days since Ron’s passing. You would think that by now I would have updated our blog. Many of you have been checking for updates (some as often as daily. You know that the updates have not appeared and nor would they for the blatant act of feet dragging on my part. Procrastinate – Put off, put on the back burner, leave to another time – you get the picture. It has been no secret that I have been procrastinating when it comes to adding the final entries to the Rootin’ For Ron blog. I will be the first to admit guilt. As I type, it is painful for me to think of the finality of the task. It is one more undertaking that removes Ron from the physical world and transfers him to my spiritual world. My heart is twisted in knots; tears stream from my eyes and I find myself sobbing. Ron and I have always said that you need to walk in another’s shoes to really understand. Let me tell each and every one of you that, in my personal preparation for Ron’s death, I did not come close to imagining how painful this would be; how painful it would be to be so far away from my husband, my st friend, my everything. We are worlds apart and I have never felt such misery. Finalizing the blog is agony but it is yet another stumbling block that I must conquer as a part of the healing process. So in the true fashion of the Ron and Janice you know, let’s just do it and it will be done. In short order I will follow up with a number of entries to share events, thoughts and feelings leading up to and including the spreading of Ron’s ‘pixie dust’.

No comments:

Post a Comment