Monday, April 18, 2011

There Is Life After Death...

This statement is true for me and Ron.  Ron has moved on to his new life.  I too must move on to my new life. 

I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and encouragement in writing this blog.  Ron and I did not know we would garner so much attention for our journeyinto words.  When it all started (August 2010), Ron only wanted some good to come from the writings; inspiring someone, assisting someone through their own journey or just plain old sharing to enlighten. Judging by your comments and feedback,  I do believe that we achieved what we set out to do.

Ron's journey on this earth has come to an end and so must his blog.  It with great hesitation and sadness that I do so because it is yet again another marker, another reminder that my husband is no longer holding my hand, no longer giving me gentle kisses, no longer here to make me laugh.  I no longer have Ron to hold his hand, to give him gentle kisses or to make him laugh.  The void I am experiencing is larger than life.

I have had a tough nine weeks albeit easier because of family and friends.  I do not know what I would do without you.  I also know that I must move on from the US to the I.  I must reach inside and find the strength to forge ahead - hence there will be life for me after Ron's death.  I do not know what it looks like.  It will unfold with each passing moment.  The moments will turn into minutes and the minutes into days. Sailors would say, "One wave at a time." 

As we said good-bye to Ron in Hawaii I felt it appropriate to use Hawaiian influence to name my new blog,  Ha Makai.  You can find me at www.ha-makai.blogspot.com 

Aloha and Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment