Saturday, February 5, 2011

Never Underestimate...

The power of holding hands, a kiss, or a hug. Heck, a supportive arm around your shoulder or a tender touch of a hand on your knee is just as powerful. These acts of love pack impact - it is the touch that says: I love you, I cherish you, you are my friend, I understand, be strong for I am here for you, friends forever, I respect you and much more - you get the hint. Words are not required.

Where I am going with this is to not just think about Ron or me but think about your husband, wife or partner. Think about your children and your friends. Make your touch meaningful and cherish the tenderness and power of the reciprocal.

A previous entry in the blog noted that I do not know when I would receive my last kiss or last embrace. I still do not know but I can tell you that I cherish each kiss as if it were the first; I cherish the gesture of Ron reaching for my hand like the first time. I cherish our love... and yes, Ron still tells me every day that he loves me.

Never under estimate the power of the touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment