Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reality Check

Darn it, this morning has been a reality check for me. Ron grows weaker by the day. I am sure it is a combination of the cancer and the drugs. He no longer initiates conversation and for those of you who know Ron, that is just not normal. He will respond if you get his attention to focus however his response may not have anything to do with the conversation. He does not drink a cup of coffee and in fact has trouble having a sip or two. To top it all off, Ron was reaching for something on the floor and fell. This scared us both. New rules, Ron shall not pick up anything from the floor.



While he did have a good night, the reality is that we are dealing with changes daily. I am not sure if I am prepared or will ever feel prepared for what lies ahead. I have said it before and I will say it again... so many changes and no time to adjust.

I want to thank everyone for their support. No kind gesture has gone unnoticed. Each kind gesture is powerful enough to give us more strength to deal with each passing minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment